TAMRON announces development of first CANON RF mount lens

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
Canon Rumors Premium
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The compact, lightweight, fast-aperture F2.8 ultra wide-angle zoom 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD (Model B060) April 23, 2024, Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shogo Sakuraba; Headquarters: Saitama City, Japan; “TAMRON”), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of TAMRON’s first CANON RF mount lens, 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD (Model

See full article...

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Apr 29, 2019
The compact, lightweight, fast-aperture F2.8 ultra wide-angle zoom 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD (Model B060) April 23, 2024, Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shogo Sakuraba; Headquarters: Saitama City, Japan; “TAMRON”), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of TAMRON’s first CANON RF mount lens, 11-20mm F/2.8 Di III-A RXD (Model

See full article...
So we are starting to get a picture about Canon's 3rd party strategy:
- leave the fill up of the APS-C playground for 3rd party
- give a playground for non-AF high quality primes to 3rd party (those Voigtländers are more on my R5 than any Canon Glass - they are a joy of use and generate excellent results!!!), Loawa 10mm, more to come
- give a playground for niche markets like I.e. Macro (plenty of Loawa RF glass)
- What's next?

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
Canon Rumors Premium
Aug 9, 2018
So we are starting to get a picture about Canon's 3rd party strategy:
- leave the fill up of the APS-C playground for 3rd party
- give a playground for non-AF high quality primes to 3rd party (those Voigtländers are more on my R5 than any Canon Glass - they are a joy of use and generate excellent results!!!), Loawa 10mm, more to come
- give a playground for niche markets like I.e. Macro (plenty of Loawa RF glass)
- What's next?
FF!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0