I do love photography
Nov 9, 2014
Germany
delightphoto.zenfolio.com
privatebydesign said:
JoFT said:
privatebydesign said:
JoFT said:
I do not like any stasi attitude of censoring... This is the way to go..

By the way Dustin Abott is doing exactly the same...

It is not censoring, it is a privately owned site and we all agree to the terms when we sign up. If you want 'freedom' start your own site or post somewhere that has no rules.

And when Dustin started doing his posts just like you, I said exactly the same thing to him. http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=19471.msg367290#msg367290 He subsequently changed the way he did his posts and links, nobody has any issue with people linking to lengthy articles with many relevant and supporting images that then invite discussion within the thread they are posted, but that isn't what you are doing.

Today I read a review from Dustin:
http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=17252.msg319465#msg319465
he is exactly doing what I did. Informing about a longer article he wrote on his blogs.

By the way I am not a professional photographer. I run another business. But I use photopraghy in my professional life. I work with images as well. The blog is the forum to discuss topics which are interesting for me and to get a feedback from people have more knowledge and experience than me.

I am really sorry if I did something which is wrong or I touched you in a way which hurts you.

Yes, and in that thread that he started the review is an extensive body of work that Dustin not only invites feedback on but he also posts many of the example images in the thread and engages in genuine discussion. He is using the two separate formats for their strengths, he is not just doing it to illicit page hits.

You have not hurt me, and I hope I have not hurt you, but I do believe the way you are using this site is not how the owner wants it used, and that is probably why your first links were broken. Certainly I am not interested in going to outside links that offer no more than a simple in line post could offer, the only person that helps is you.

Thank you for reply. It is interesting to see that the same post in one or the other forum will end in a totally different perception...

I was told that in the internet you should be efficient and short: To copy the same stuff and the same images of the blog on this site did not make any sense to me so fare... but if sou think this is the better way to this page: I will post the deleted thread again later in a different way - but maybe tomorrow... It will be interesting to know how the perception will be...

Upvote 0