Amazon USA launches 15% Prime Card bonus on select Canon gear. RF 135mm f/1.8 $1784 and more!

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Amazon USA has launched a 15% Prime Card bonus on select Canon EOS R cameras and RF lenses. You will receive 15% cashback on your Amazon Prime card when you purchase a qualifying product. This bonus also stacks with many current Canon USA instant rebates. This promotion is set to run until May 31, 2024.

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user

kirbic

CR Pro
Jun 20, 2016
Yeah, don't do it... I looked into the Amazon Prime card, and it is no great deal. The interest policies are usurious. If you don\'t pay the full balance (every last cent) every month, interest will be charged not only on the rollover balance but the full balance, *plus* they will eliminate any grace period. Even though I always pay off balances month-to-month, that is a non-starter for me.

• Wow
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
The interest policies are usurious. If you don\'t pay the full balance (every last cent) every month, interest will be charged not only on the rollover balance but the full balance, *plus* they will eliminate any grace period. Even though I always pay off balances month-to-month, that is a non-starter for me.
That's common practice for most credit cards in the US. Moreover, to get that grace period back you need to have paid the balance in full for two consecutive statement periods (not talking Amazon here, just other credit cards as a common policy). These policies are why B&H pays your sales tax, why department stores offer you big discounts on your purchase at the register to sign up for their credit card – they know few people have the discipline to pay off their full balance every month, and in the end they're going to make money despite the 'discounts' they offer.

• Wow
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
Yeah, don't do it... I looked into the Amazon Prime card, and it is no great deal. The interest policies are usurious. If you don\'t pay the full balance (every last cent) every month, interest will be charged not only on the rollover balance but the full balance, *plus* they will eliminate any grace period. Even though I always pay off balances month-to-month, that is a non-starter for me.
Amazon Prime membership in France (Europe?) has not much to do with a credit card membership. Shipment for Prime-declared items is free, faster than for non-Prime members, and you get earlier access to "special" offers or Black Friday deals. But, unless you deliberately WANT credit, your bank account is charged in full when goods get shipped by Amazon.
I don't know their credit rates, since I never buy on credit, but they are surely quite high.

Upvote 0