Canon RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4L USM coming in Q4 as part of a "hybrid family" of L prime lenses

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The Canon RF prime lineup has been one of sadness and frustration for some shooters, but it looks like that is going to be rectified soon for a lot of shooters. Back in September we mentioned that an RF 50mm f/1.4 was in the pipeline, but we didn’t have any idea when it was coming.

See full article...

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
YouTube creators tend to bring about a fair bit of negativity at times. This is why we don't push YouTube videos very often.
[…]
Simon adds chapter markers for all his videos and tends to have the headline news at the front, which makes his format a lot less obnoxious than other photo rumour focused videos.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
So…will I finally sell my Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art? We’ll see…

And I’m still waiting for an RF 28mm f/1.8 USM
If it's optically as good as the excellent F2,8 and an L lens: I'll sure buy it. I'm slowly getting rid (at Canon's "pace") of WA zooms, so I'm waiting for high IQ WA and UWA lenses.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon Rumors is typically this guys number one source for “new” content. Weird that Canon Rumors is using him as a source now.

Well, sources come and go. People move on to other things in life. Sometimes we hear things that we can't post until someone else does... but we can verify it.

This launch cycle is unlike anything I have seen before.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
YES! Finally!

But I'm still hoping for a fast 14mm RF prime next to the 24mm!
I am going to Tenerife this and will be able to try to get some astro shots. A fast prime such as a 14mm or 12mm would be very welcome! It could even turn out to be my first (and probably only) immediate preorder once such a lens is announced.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

el peso

EOS R6 Mark II
Sep 13, 2019
Canon needs to stop puttering around with 50mm lenses that nobody wants and release the TS-E 14 they promised, or else me and everyone else will switch to Sony’s open mount that allows 3rd party lenses like the…

Well, that fell apart rather quickly.
Seeyabye pal. People barely need specific TS-E 14mm. Many of them require a decent RF 50/1.4. So speak for yourself and go to Fony.

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0