Mushrooms And Fungi Of Any Kind

ERHP

Canon Rumors Premium
May 9, 2013
San Diego
erhp.smugmug.com
While wandering through a section of the small forest near the house I came across a fallen trunk with some interesting shapes.
NF21027-4K.jpg

R5 RF100 f/2.8L IS 1/100 : f/11 : ISO 1000

And a larger one I had spotted before but was now completely out of the dirt.
NF21026-4K.jpg

R5 RF100 f/2.8L IS 1/500 : f/14 : ISO 1000

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 30, 2017
Went out hiking with big net for birds (as I usually do on that trail and usually come back empty for birds)! On other hand my only Oahu Elepaio photos are from that trail!!! Today I just got small basked of mushrooms and no birds...

1. I was thinking Laccaria fraterna (from distance and no glasses:( ) and didn't put a lot of effort... Actually if I knew the outcome of this hike I would go there with a macro lens! It's not Laccaria, it looks much more like Entoloma and I'm almost sure under microscope I will see angular spores... Bad photo!
2. Sure Pisolithus arhizus (=P. tinctorius).
3. Most probably as 2 but there is some probability for Scleroderma - I didn't want to cut it to see inside.
4. Beautiful Amanita ananiceps - you not frequently see the the remnants of both the universal and the partial veil so good!
5. Found by my daughter: something from Boletales. Most probably (as I know for this time!) unreported species for Hawaii and chance for nondescript species at all ! The most similar (and only one!) reported here is Pulveroboletus xylophilus - also non mycorrhizal and also xylophilous fungus but it is not suppose to have a "net" on the stem. And it should bruise blue when scratched - I didn't cut it for more info!

DSC_5614_DxO.jpgDSC_5624_DxO.jpgDSC_5632_DxO.jpgDSC_5654_DxO.jpgDSC_5666_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 30, 2017
I made a short walk around: overcast and like it could start raining again (didn't happen!). This time went out with macro lens (after all the rain you expect mushrooms NO?).
Bunch of Chlorophyllum molybtides, after that something that I was accepting like Agaricus subrufescens (not sure now, it did bruise red on the margin of the cap when I did clean the grass in front of it). Now I'm sorry I didn't take one at home for more data - I have a microscope at home...). After that may be the most interesting: looks like one unidentified Limacella species from Hawaii but too pale and really looks different - pretty different...
Not very attractive shots, I'm sure if I did go to any rain-forest trails around I may find something much more attractive but didn't risk (OBVIOUSLY getting old: I (still :LOL:) remember the times when I was sprinting on the trails around at these conditions just to see something new from the fungi (and many times to succeed to take a +/- photo of the fungus - film era, maximum 400 ISO rarely 800 in the dark rain forest!!!). I got plenty of interesting fungi and surprisingly pretty good shots for the conditions with my F100!

DSC_6346_DxO.jpgDSC_6352_DxO.jpgDSC_6331_DxO.jpgDSC_6373_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0