Canon’s big announcements coming the third week of July

Funny, you want to talk about funny?
You’re a hoot!

In 2020 Canon released their pro version camera, the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III. Who can forget that future-proof camera?
Another inspired decision from those "who know better" and "what people actually want" to bring out a pretty much dead on arrival obsolete DLSR camera, meanwhile everyone else had completely moved onto mirrorless cameras by then! :LOL:
2020 was the very first year that MILCs outsold DSLRs. 45% of ILCs shipped in 2020 were DSLRs. Does that sound like, ‘…everyone else had completely moved onto mirrorless cameras by then’?

Clearly, you have your own understanding of reality that differs from actual reality. Statements like that indicate you’re either a troll or a fool (and those aren’t mutually exclusive).

Upvote 0
We all know that the R3 was originally supposed to be called the R1 but Canon had to quickly switch its name in embarrassment to the R3 after the Sony A1 was released.
False, and silly.

"we believe that in order to bestow an RF camera with the “1” model designation, we must achieve an even greater level of performance [than R3], and we continue to work towards reaching those high standards."

- Canon's Go Tokura, Jun 28, 2021

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
You talking about the hole Canon has been in years now? Yes, I agree.

Canon can't even match a camera produced almost four years ago from newbie Sony. Even Nikon surpassed Canon years ago with the Z9. Talk about a hole.

I have used all these cameras and used them all before the Olympics so I know:

Canon EOS-1D X. Released March 2012. Olympic Games were 27 July 2012 – 12 Aug 2012

Canon EOS-1D X Mark II . Released April 2016. Olympic Games were 5 Aug 2016 – 21 Aug 2016

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III. Released January 2020. Olympics were scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020

See the patterm? What is different about this year? All released way before the Olympic Games. Only 3 weeks before the Olympics start and not only has the camera not been even announced formally with any details, it has not even been released yet. Why not? Hmmmmm. (I could tell you ;))

I was originally told it was going to be released early this year well before the Olympics. It has only been the last month that it's finally been put in "colleagues" hands to be tested at events.

Anyway, you will all finally realise how far behind and lost Canon are whenever/ if the details of the R1 are finally announced...24MP for a flagship pro camera, still issues, no pre-capture etc, etc, etc. and the reviews come in.
Thanks for your ‘facts’: you’ve just made the hole you’ve dug for yourself a bit deeper. Since you seem to like it: Keep on digging!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
You’re a hoot!

2020 was the very first year that MILCs outsold DSLRs. 45% of ILCs shipped in 2020 were DSLRs. Does that sound like, ‘…everyone else had completely moved onto mirrorless cameras by then’?

Clearly, you have your own understanding of reality that differs from actual reality. Statements like that indicate you’re either a troll or a fool (and those aren’t mutually exclusive).
No, You’re a hoot!

That's a huge swing isn't it, even back then. It was so obvious what the future was....it's mirrorless! But no, Canon knows best and what the public want so hey lets bring out another DLSR brick. Oh my,
you guys crack me up. Keep going please.

Upvote 0
False, and silly.

"we believe that in order to bestow an RF camera with the “1” model designation, we must achieve an even greater level of performance [than R3], and we continue to work towards reaching those high standards."

- Canon's Go Tokura, Jun 28, 2021
Ummm....so what is this R3ii, sorry I mean R1 then......"we must achieve an even greater level of performance". Yet, it can't even match let alone beat a nearly 4 year old Sony camera :LOL:

Upvote 0
No, You’re a hoot!

That's a huge swing isn't it, even back then. It was so obvious what the future was....it's mirrorless! But no, Canon knows best and what the public want so hey lets bring out another DLSR brick. Oh my,
you guys crack me up. Keep going please.
Always good for a laugh that so many silly trolls here think they know more about making and selling cameras than the company that has led the market for two decades.

Go back to your cave, little troll.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0