R6 MKII or R5 MKII ?

Hello,

I know, we're still waiting for the official announcement of the R5 MKII. But we already have an idea of what it could be.
I currently have a 5D MKIII with a few nice lenses (EF 24L / 50L / 85L / 100L / 70-200L F2.8).

I take photos of a bit of everything. Of my children, vacations, festive events, etc.
For the past few months I've been taking a lot of photos of indoor sports, more specifically handball (my two children play), and I'm regularly asked to cover other teams.
The light in our gym is horrible. It could hardly be worse...

I want to switch to a hybrid. When I see what the new AFs can do... Eye tracking, etc... Wow!

At the end of August, I age another ten years... And I plan to change my camera for the occasion :).

The price in € is still unknown for the R5 MKII.
With the current offers, for about 2200€ I could buy an R6 MKII (+ battery + EF RF adapter).

The sensible choice would be to go for an R6 MKII (and what's more, if the budget allows, I could even pick up a second-hand RF 24-70L, for example).

With the information we have, what do you think I could miss with an R6 MKII compared with the information we have at the moment, even if it's still hypothetical, with the R5 MKII?

With my EF 70-200 L IS II F2.8, in indoor sports, apart from the goalkeeper who's a bit far away, I don't particularly need to cropper.
Eye Control could be interesting... But not for twice the price...

And last point : I don't care about the video.

At the end of August, I age another ten years... And I plan to change my camera for the occasion :).
So, you still have time to wait until we get the actual specs.

What I would miss on R6 II from what R5 II may have are a button to switch between Fv-C1-C2-C3 modes and (if R5 II gets it) a flash working in electronic shutter mode.

Upvote 0
So, you still have time to wait until we get the actual specs.
Yes, but not until the end of August.
Because the Canon promotion runs until the end of July, and sales in France start on June 26 and run until July 23.

What I would miss on R6 II from what R5 II may have are a button to switch between Fv-C1-C2-C3 modes and (if R5 II gets it) a flash working in electronic shutter mode.
Ok. Thanks.

Upvote 0
The announcement of the R5 MkII is rumored for July, with availability in August / September. Early availability probably for the lucky few who pre-ordered and were at the top of the queue.
If you want to buy the R5 Mk II, it is very likely that you have to wait before your order is delivered.

Upvote 0
The announcement of the R5 MkII is rumored for July, with availability in August / September. Early availability probably for the lucky few who pre-ordered and were at the top of the queue.
If you want to buy the R5 Mk II, it is very likely that you have to wait before your order is delivered.
Yes but the wait is not a problem for the grail

Upvote 0