The Canon RF 35mm f/1.4L VCM is in stock, deliveries to customers start June 27

Mine shipped out early this afternoon; ordered two days after launch. I really doubt this lens will be hard to come by for those who choose to wait.
I guess that there are 3 possible scenarios then, not necessarily mutually exclusive:
  1. Canon has sorted their supply chain issues
  2. Canon has decided to allocate much more prouction capacity to this lens than other previous offerings
  3. There has been less demand for this lens than Canon expected
Happy to consider other scenarios

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I guess that there are 3 possible scenarios then, not necessarily mutually exclusive:
  1. Canon has sorted their supply chain issues
  2. Canon has decided to allocate much more prouction capacity to this lens than other previous offerings
  3. There has been less demand for this lens than Canon expected
Happy to consider other scenarios
I think 2 seems likely considering the price point.

Upvote 0
Some images from Canon Korea, please kindly skip to the 2nd half for image quality

Upvote 0
Mine shipped out early this afternoon; ordered two days after launch. I really doubt this lens will be hard to come by for those who choose to wait.
I hope you’re right as I’d really like one but It’s already on Canon’s official back ordered list and it’s reported retailers are getting 50% of the stock they ordered.

I was also told by a retailer ongoing issues in the Red Sea are making it difficult for Canon to get stock to Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Originally I had a B&H pre-order from launch day, cancelled it to order locally within Canada.
So far mine has not shipped.

The retailer I ordered from has not received their supply yet. I also called another Canadian retailer who has not received supply.

Sad lesson learned if you want it ASAP, order from the US.

Upvote 0
Review of 35VCM

People get so hung up on such small things that they never produce anything great. The RF 35mm 1.4 is one of the greatest lenses I have ever attached to my camera. I'll post some wedding photos with it soon.

Upvote 0